Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I rented the vio35 mini excavator with a thumb. Everything…

I rented the vio35...

I rented the vio35 mini excavator with a thumb. Everything works fine except for when I want to turn the excavator to travel to a new spot. I push forward on one control and pull back on the other but the excavator just stops moving.

4/2/2022
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am not familiar with this make but, the mini excavators I have worked on all have trouble turning when on softer ground. Anytime the track pushes into the ground, the load becomes too great and the machine will have trouble turning.

If you are on hard ground, the tracks don't dig in and the turning is easy.

It is recommended that you do not try and counter-rotate the machine in a soft area.

Even the larger machines can have difficulty when trying to counter-rotate.

If you are noticing weak boom and/or stick operations, then you may have a pressure problem.

For this, I would assume it is just that the conditions are too soft.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Okay. I did not think of that. I'll try it tomorrow when I get back home and see if that solves the issue. Thanks for the response.

You're Welcome! Glad I could help.

--------------------

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help, please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH