Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1845 case skid steer idling and just died have fuel all the…

1845 case skid steer idling...
1845 case skid steer idling and just died have fuel all the way to the injection pump however wont go any further…. fuel solenoid seems like it’s working and little pump seems to be pumping it to the injection pump but wont go to injectors.. how can in narrow it down to be positive it’s failed? also please know that these things inhave checked im not sure about properly so if you can guide me to double check all variables that would be great
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out with some advice on this. If you have confirmed good fuel supply to the injection pump and that the fuel shut off is working to open up the injection pump for injection, slightly loosen the injector lines while cranking to see if you have any sign of fuel delivery from the injector lines. It should squirt out under pressure from the slightly loosened fuel lines. If it just barely trickles out, the injection pump is worn out of specifications and in need of rebuild or replacement. I hope you find this information helpful and reply back with the results of these checks if any further advice is needed.
i put 12v to shut off solenoid and it starts it’s an old machine with very low hours that bing said no seat switch or anything i can see checked the only fuse i can see and it was good

I think at this point you will need to look at some electrical schematics for this machine. Click on the two links I provided below for a couple of options of service books to get your complete schematics on this machine that I found for you. This way you can trace out where the power is lost within the ignition circuit.

https://farmmanualsfast.com/products/case-1845c-loader-service-manual?msclkid=50c61ba329741645fd2a79e15e39a43a&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Attempt%20700%20-%20Farm%20Manuals%20Fast%20LLC%20-%20Manual%20Upload%20-%20Fixed%20URLS&utm_term=**********&utm_content=Ad%20group%20%231

https://mypowermanual.com/shop/case/case-1845c-skid-steer-loader-service-repair-manual-pdf/

Dan, Technician
thanks

You're very welcome.