Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 249d track loader the left hand side track won't…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 249d track loader the left hand side track won't move a hydraulic line broke we replaced it and now the track won't move

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself I verified that fluid is going to the final drive i checked the filter there is no metal

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I wasn't the one operating the machine when the line broke and I don't know how long they ran it without fluid

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/25/2022
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 8 months ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, my name is*****’d like to help you today. Experts are users on the site just like you, we come on to help when time allows. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your CAT, I’ll do my best to work with you towards a solution. Please give me a moment to review your request and I’ll return shortly with my recommendation(s). In the meantime, may I ask with whom am I speaking?

Hi! I’ll be happy to assist with your hydraulic issue. Which line did you replace?

Hi, without more information I cannot provide a specific answer. In general; certain system require that you bleed the hydraulic system prior to initiating use. To do this you would take a line loose at the top side of the component you are working on and allow oil to flow, then tighten the line.

I hope this information helps you, my goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. If you wish to ask me a question in the future on a new topic, you can feel free to add me to your favorites or request me next time you come on. I look forward to assisting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

The small line on the final drive is what broke and I replaced three our out of the four lines one the drive I have already tried bleeding the lines

Was the machine originally stopped because someone noticed a leak or did it stop moving?

The small line one the final drive broke and they ran it till it had no oil
it’s just the one track that wont move?
just the one track
Sounds like you may have a bad side on the tandem pump. You’ll want to have the pressures checked.