Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat 853 runs but won't move or lift bucket. Bcis…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat 853 runs but won't move or lift bucket. Bcis has green light on bottom (power) any help would be great

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

853 product Identification #512821497

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked fluid level. Good. Checked fuses. Good

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The bucket is down and acts like it wants to dump but that's only function. Won't lift. Will start to move 2-3" then acts like brake is on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/17/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Ok great thanks Dan

I would first check all of your safety interlock sensors and wiring for any potential problems. Check your seat switch, lap bar/seat belt switch, and door switch if equipped with an enclosed cab. If any of the wiring within this circuit has any damage or corrosion as well as any faulty sensors/switches causing them not to be engaged, your functions will be disabled. Be sure to check all your fuses and relays as well on the machine. If all of your safety interlocks are functioning to allow the machine to function, I suspect that you may possibly have a hydraulic system problem either within one of the solenoid valves, or a possible more serious problem with your hydraulic pumps or components. If there was a pump failure you would likely see what looks like fine metal or glitter within the hydraulic filter and oil if you were to remove and inspect inside the filter. If all this is clean, I would check all of the other things that I have mentioned. If there's no problems with the wiring and you find no fuse or relay troubles, there's always a possibility of a faulty controller. Check to see if there are any fault codes logged as well so those can be investigated individually once identified. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.