Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Tom, I have a question about my New Holland LX 865 turbo…

Customer Question
Hi Tom, I have a question...
Hi Tom,
I have a question about my New Holland LX 865 turbo skid steer. The bucket hydraulics leak down rapidly. There is no fluid leaking from the cylinders but I have to constantly curl my bucket while operating or it will just droop all the way down. Would it be cylinders or the valves, and how to I test to confirm which one it is?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2022
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 6 months ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner
Hi, welcome back! Thank you for the request! I will review your question and post my response here. In the mean time, may I ask with whom I am speaking?
Mark

Hi Mark! You’re on the right track for sure. What you can do to check for internal cylinder leakage is with the boom all the way down remove the hoses that connect to the fixed end of the cylinder. Start the machine and attempt to lower the boom. Some oil that is trapped may escape, you will need a catch can, however it should stop. If it does not stop then the piston seals are bypassing. You can also remove and cap all four boom cylinder lines. Attempt to raise the boom with a hoist our another machine. The boom should not move much, just enough to compress the air within the cylinder from hose removal. If all tests pass, suspect a valve issue.

Ok. that makes sense.

I hope this information helps you, my goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. If you wish to ask me a question in the future on a new topic, you can feel free to add me to your favorites. I look forward to assisting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!