Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2011 bobcat T 870 parking break want disengage when…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 bobcat T 870 parking break want disengage when I press the release button ubtill

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2011 bobcat t870 A3PG11331 also if I leave the break on and engage the hydraulic selector button and slightly try to move forward or reverse and then disengage the parking break it will work sometimes can u help me with this problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Be sure to check all fuses and relays as well as your battery and charging system to make sure there are no voltage supply related issues are charging system problems. Take a very close look at your safety interlock switches and sensors with the wiring for any potential problems since if there are any problems with your safety interlock circuit, your functions would be disabled. Also check for any potential problems within your parking brake switch circuit that would be a direct cause of this type of symptom. Look for any corrosion or damage that would cause a shorter open circuit within the wiring. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

OkThank u
Would the lap bar sensor be an issue as well

Yes, your lap bar sensor is one of the safety interlocks as well as your seat sensor, and the door sensor if equipped with an enclosed cab. Check that whole circuit for proper operation.

Getting a code d3909