Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My bobcat doesn’t want to start had same problem 3 years…

My bobcat doesn’t want...

My bobcat doesn’t want to start had same problem 3 years ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

S185 bobcat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced fuel scylinoid battery cleaned terminals and check fuel relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

When I turn the key it won’t crank had starter checked it’s fine

3/10/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Verify power in and out of the ignition switch and each switched position with a voltage tester for a possible problem with the ignition. Test for power at the starter solenoid signal wire or S terminal with the ignition switch in the cranking position. Make sure there is 12 Volts to signal the starter solenoid. If there is no voltage there, be sure to check all fuses and relays but also all of your safety interlock switches and wiring within the circuit. Verify that the battery and charging system all test good including all cables, connections, and grounds. 

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
K