Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat t650 stalls out at full throttle new fuel…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat t650...
I have a bobcat t650 stalls out at full throttle new fuel filter and fuel metering valve replaced codes e00157-21 or e001076-03 never at the same time only pops up when warm or at full throttle
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
3/4/2022
Mechanic: Ramon Capellan,
 replied 6 months ago
Ramon Capellan

Hello and welcome to just answer sorry your having this is with your bobcat.

There's two common things that typically cause this, and the two have act different. So therefore, I need you to check two things.

First, run it under load until it stalls out. Right then, the moment it stalls, look and see if the fuel primer bulb is sucked flat. If it is, the fuel pickup tube strainer inside the tank is clogged.

Second common problem is the fuel pickup tube inside the tank is either cracked or broken off. No simple/easy way to view the pickup tube, it can be a bugger to get to on a Bobcat. The easiest way to check it is remove the piece of rubber fuel hose that connects to the primer bulb and insert a short piece of clear tubing, reconnect to primer bulb and run the machine, see if there's a lot of air bubbles traveling through the clear tubing.

Aside from that, other causes are not so easy to test. Could be a problem with the fuel lift pump, could be a problem with the injection system. Those items are not "user friendly" to check/test.