Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Bradco 408 backhoe attachment on a bobcat 753. It’s…

Customer Question
I have a Bradco...

I have a Bradco 408 backhoe attachment on a bobcat 753. It’s been altered to fit. I cannot get the back hoe to move. I’ve pressed the button twice and hit the trigger on the right joystick. Help?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat 753. I don’t know SN without hiking a quarter mile. It’s a 1992

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I had a mechanic here this week who said he got it working, but I can’t seem to do it. I know it’s probably just a button I’m not hitting.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/25/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Ok I'm in a rush bc I'm burying an animal and trying not to attract predators. Thank youI'm not in California, so it's not illegal

When you press the AUX switch you should press it twice with the engine running and interlocks all engaged for operation. The second light down should light up with the lock symbol next to it to tell you that it is locked in constant flow. Then you can use the switches on your controls to run your functions.

Start the engine and run at low idle RPM. Push the mode switch AUX twice (on the instrument panel) to engage the front auxiliary hydraulics "detenf', the light will come "ON" ]. Push the button  for fluid pressure to the quick couplers . Watch the flow meter on the hydraulic tester to make sure the flow is correct. Increase the engine speed to full RPM. There should be 13 GPM (49 Umin.) free flow. Turn the restrictor control, on the tester, until the main relief valve opens. The correct pressure for the main relief is 2550-2600 PSI (17582-17927 kPa). Push the button to disengage the "detent" position to the front quick couplers . If the relief pressure is not correct, stop the engine. Replace or adjust the main relief valve .

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Thank you I'll try that. I think I've done it all, but will try again. I can tell the hydraulic fluids are in the auxiliary hoses bc they twitch when I hit the button . I just can't figure out if there's another button or lever to engage to make the thing move.Thanks I'll let you know.