Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jcb 520-50 telehandler and i need to know what

Customer Question
I have a jcb...

I have a jcb 520-50 telehandler and i need to know what kind/weight oil to put in transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

***************** is the vin#

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet our mechanics have it tore down and just want to make sure we use the right oil when we put it back together

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I have been looking for a complete fluid spec sheet with no luck

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/11/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles and concerns with this machine.  The factory specifications for your transmission are coming up as Ford ATF. Check if the transmission oil is red indicating the customer or owner continued to run the ATF in this machine or if they changed to a blend transmission /hydraulic  oil that meets very similar specifications. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.