Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Track 1700c How do you get to the hydraulic or open the

Customer Question
Scat track 1700c How...

Scat track 1700c How do you get to the hydraulic or open the cage

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks. Do you know when someone will get back to me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/30/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your skid steer. Take a close look at the front of the ROPS cage Corners for a couple of volts that you would remove in order to raise the canopy and access the components underneath the operators compartment. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Lock we don't know how to lock the arms. The bolt have been removedOops. Bolts have been removed. How do you lock the arms

Can you please upload a photo of what you are referring to? Assuming you mean the boom? Or are you referring to something else? I look forward to a photo of what you are currently looking at.

Locking of the BOOM arm.

Normally there is a boom lock that goes over the cylinder rod.

Where is the cylinder rod?

The cylinder rod is the chrome shiny part that comes out of the cylinder barrel that lifts your boom and lift arms. With the cylinder extended there is usually a piece of channel metal that goes over the rod and prevents the cylinder rod from retracting in order to safely hold the lift arms up in tthe air.

Is there anyway you. Oils send me a picture of what we are looking for? We just don't see itTypo. Is there anyway you can send me a picture

There is no cylinder rod in the picture that you sent me. I was referring to the hydraulic cylinder that makes the bucket and boom go up and down. It seems there may be a misunderstanding and what you are trying to do now? I was under the impression that you are trying to get the bucket and lift arms propped up in the air now safely.

I don’t have a picture of the bucket and Boom up in the air. Issue is to be able to lock the bucket and boom so that we can move the canopy to service the hydraulics
Where are the Boom support pins?
Are they in any of these pictures?https://www.purplewave.com/auction/190905/item/DE5556/Scat_Trak-1700C-Skid_Steer_Loaders-Skid_Steer_Loader-Kansas

The cylinder is circled in red. The cylinder is of dark color and once it is extended you will see the Chrome part of the rod. The yellow that I have marked lock, is what drops down onto the cylinder once it is extended far enough to lock the boom in the air.