Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Get chatter when lowering loader bucket on case 580 super L…

Customer Question
Get chatter when lowering...

Get chatter when lowering loader bucket on case 580 super L backhoe when feathering descent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Case 580 super L series two do not have serial no. but can get it if required

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes have removed and replaced all 'O' rings in front loader valve sections no evidence of leakage. Was wondering if spool could be chattering at fast lower no chatter at very slow lower no chatter when using both curl and lower functions same problem as when only lowering

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No all other operations are normal

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/23/2022
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Yes it can be the spool valve, but can also be filter clogging

I suggest checking the filters or replacing them.

Have replaced filter 3 months ago maybe forty hrs. All other hydraulic functions are normal and there is no unusual noises. Is there a possibility that the mechanical linkage from the in cab handle could be the problem? Recently I was digging with the hoe removing some ice, legs down bucket down pieces of ice would break off the machine would shake and cause the bucket bucket to curl back and move the machine backwards

Check the linkage for worn or loose, not sure about the ice breaking off.

Had the shroud off a few days ago nothing real sloppy. This time of year all 4 wheels are chained up for snow removal and the machine shakes when moving. The loader handle also shakes back and forth how much is too much?

The loader handle should not shake at all.