Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 416C ser 4ZNO8142 I can not get the machine to…

I have a cat 416C...
I have a cat 416C ser 4ZNO8142 I can not get the machine to shift into forward or reverse
I have replaced the electronic column shifter, all fuses all disconnect switches seem to be working. The shifter selonoid have magnetic power on both sides of the shifter selonoid don't know how strong or what resistance they should have. Need a little help. It was working fine then just quit.Thanks
Doug
1/4/2022
Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Doug, I need to opt-out of this request. Not much experience with this machine.

Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 11 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue.

Are you still looking for help with this problem?

still have problems

Ok,

Did you check the voltage to the solenoids?

Could one of the neutralizer buttons be stuck?

Have you checked the fluid level or the filter for debris?

Has the oil ever been changed or the suction screen serviced?

where are both neutrallizer buttons on the shift and front bucket shift sticks? is there another button i am missing. It just quit working at once. The solenoid have magnetic flux at the end of the solenoid when checked with a screw driver the plug holes are so small my elect test meter will not go in the holes but I will get some small gauge wire and test tomorrowfluid level is fine oil has been changed where is the suction screen located?

The suction screen is behind an oval plate on the opposite side from the drain plug. You will need to drain the oil from the transmission before removing the screen.

Do you need further help with this? 

I haven't heard from you and want to see if you need anything else?

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician