Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Deere 160 c excavator. Right side track struggles to move…

Customer Question
John deere 160 c excavator...
John deere 160 c excavator. Right side track struggles to move forward. Reveres seems fine. Left side track works fine serial number FF160CX045290
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
You can here the pump under load when you apply lever but it just won’t go. Weak motor?
Answered in 2 days by:
1/3/2022
Mechanic: Heavy Equipment Tech, Heavy equipment mechanic replied 8 months ago
Heavy Equipment Tech
Heavy Equipment Tech, Heavy equipment mechanic

Welcome to JustAnswer; my name is Jason; I will help you today! Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. My work schedule is 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Your question is as important to us as it is essential to you. Did you check the pressure of both of the motors?

I did not check with a gauge. When I apply the lever I can here it is certainly applying pressure to the pump. But it just moves for a split second then stops. If I apply both tracks to forward motion at the same time it willl move due to the assistance of the left track. But by itself the right track doesn’t function properly

It looks like the motor is worn out; if you can check the pressure on each side, you will know if it is the motor or the body valve that is not sending enough pressure.

I will confirm that. What is proper working pressure?

You can also check if the lever is not unadjusted, I don't have the pressure spec, but it should be 4000-5000 psi.

I’ll check that out when I have a moment. Thank you

Good, let me know if you need anything.

If you find anything, I will be there all week between 8 am to 5 pm.