Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jd 410 with no hydraulics, i checked the screen…

Customer Question
Hi steve i...

Hi steve i have a jd 410 with no hydraulics, i checked the screen filter in tranny, looks like it was put in yesterday. i hammered on the clutch linkage the next day and it ran for 5 minutes. got it half way out of the woods never to work again. with the clutch out i can shift in any gear without any grinding i don't think the tranny is spinning with the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is 40 miles from here its a straight 410 around 1980. sorry i don't have the serial number. should i recontact you when i get it? it will probably be a few days

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I guess just that there is no steering no bucket no hoe no nothing but it runs good

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/22/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
410? Not 410 A. B. or C?  Backhoe I assume.  Hydraulic or mechanical shuttle?
straight 410it has a hand lever reverser is that what you mean?

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/83634/referrer/navigation/pgId/200619

Is the pump on the end of the crankshaft turning, or could the drive be damaged?

the tractor will not move in forward or reverse. the gears do not grind with the clutch out and engine running' so i'm guessing the transmission is not spinning with the engine running. the front pump is fine.the low pressure pump will not pump to front high pressure pump if the transmission is not functioning properly

That sounds more like the clutch or the shaft to the transmission!