Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2019 Kubota L4701 tractor after getting stuck in some deep…

Customer Question
2019 Kubota L4701 tractor...

2019 Kubota L4701 tractor after getting stuck in some deep mud, I put it in 4wd, pushed down on the differential lock and revved the engine up until it crawled out backwards. Once I got out I put it in drive and it would act like it wanted to move forward but it would only go a few inches and stop. I put it in forward and reverse but it did the same thing. I turned it off and let it sit for a while. When I came back I was able to get it moving but it was extremely sluggish. I had it revved up high and just the smallest of hills it was struggling to get over them. I was able to make it home and put it back up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2019 kubota l4701

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

One other thing, when I was stuck and working my way out I didn’t realize I was in 4th gear.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/15/2021
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 9 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day.

What you are describing is the clutch disc took a beating.

I suggest adjusting the clutch to see if that helps, if not you will need to replace the clutch.

I hope this helps you.

I'm guessing it was the running it in 4th gear while stuck that did it in?

Yes, I agree.

Ok thanks
You are very welcome

Happy Holidays.........

Same to you

thank you..........