Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Case 1835b skidoader that I just replaced most of…

I have a Case...

I have a Case 1835b skidoader that I just replaced most of the hydraulic hoses and both drive motors. I lost alot of hydro fluid so I filled the reservoir up and started the loader up. After cycling the machine to get rid of air in the system, whenever I try to move the left side wheels forward, the machine goes under stress and it cuts out. What could be going on? It will go in reverse. Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

12/12/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Crossed hoses to the drive motor??? Or chain a bind?
Can't, I have a shop manual with all the schematics shown evenIf a chain was binding, how could it go in reverse on the left hand side, but not forward? Could there be an issue with the tandem pump?

Chain can have slack and binds in only one direction. The pump was not changed, only the motors, I would expect it to be hose outed wrong, or the drive chain.

piping

chain drive

Yeah that's the same diagram for the hoses that I used from the shop manual and as far as the drive chains, I never touched them other than drain oil and fill up chain case again, check tension and obviously reinstall the drive motor thought the main drive gears. . . Not sure if I created a pressure issue by not priming anything due to the loss of fluid, but everywhere I read said you don't have to and it will self purge if you leave the cap off the reservoir.

Yes, all self priming.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician