Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 730 bobcat all new drive motors and new hydraulic…

Customer Question
I have a 730...

I have a 730 bobcat all new drive motors and new hydraulic pump it goes forward but while moving forward it will start reversing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

730 is all i know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

New hydraulic pump and new drive motors

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Still waiting on answer
12/7/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The hydraulic pump has to make the directional change. you have a problem with the new pump.
I will have the levers pushed forward it may go 6 ft forward and then it reverses while levers are still forward so you are saying the new hydraulic pump is bad?

The change has to be made in the pump, it directs fluid to each motor, and from what I gather, there are internal problems in the pump, allowing to oil to go to the other direction port.

The only part not new is a block that attaches to top of pump that has 2 switches attached to it one is for temp other is for pressure

The new pump is the problem!  Call your supplier and get another pump.

Ok thanks

K>