Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 2006 hitachi zx75us. With the machine sitting there…

Customer Question
Have a 2006 hitachi...

Have a 2006 hitachi zx75us. With the machine sitting there swing break set there is a fair amount of movement back and forth if I push on the dipper arm. Like there slop in the swing break

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Zx75us *1ccp030410*

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The slew ring is warn not sure if it has anything to do with it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/25/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are
not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as
time allows depending on their daily schedule. I am not available for
phone calls. If the site flags for a call, you can either disregard
it or your call request will be posted for other professionals who
may be logged into the site at the time to accept your request offer
if they choose to do so. Please give me a few moments to familiarize myself with your question and then follow up with my recommendations.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Check to see if there is any play in the swing bearing around the perimeter between your upper car body and the track frame. If so this should be resolved because it can also damage your swing gearbox and potentially your hydraulic swing motor by putting excessive force on the pinion gear resulting in potential swing gearbox failure as well. Be sure to check the oil level and condition for any traces of trash or debris that would flag a mechanical failure existing. Check in your hydraulic filter for what looks like fine metal or glitter within your oil and filter. Check for any potential travel related problems that would also indicate a possible problem with oil bypass beyond your Rotary manifold seals going to your travel motors if you are experiencing any travel related problems but all your upper functions are operating normal. I
hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results
of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to
help anyway I can.

I checked the swing bearing already for lose bolts and also the swing motor and they were good. The right side travel motor is weak when you try to cut on it

Reseal your Rotary manifold if you are experiencing travel motor problems. But there is still a problem after the Rotary manifold is resealed then check for any signs of metal or other trash and debris that would flag or confirm a swing motor failure. Confirming your pressures from your main control valve will also help you further isolate things between the pump and control valve or the actual component within the circuit. Excessive case drain return pressure from your drive motors would indicate excessive internal leakage with that function deadheaded and a hose run into an empty 5 gallon bucket.

Ya I'm in the process of buying a reseal kit for that I'm just going to do it and that should fix that problem. Hydraulic filters change on time never notice anything out of the norm after cutting a filter open. I'm going to open up some more panels today and see if there's anything weird with the swing bearing and pinionI know my swing bearing is nit in the best of shape just wondering if that could cause my break slop

Of course it can. A little bit of play at the swing bearing equals a lot of play at the bucket.

Thanks I'll get back to you on what I find

You are very welcome.

I have another question for you. I just bought new pin and bushings for the boom where it connects to the the frame the bushings are a little loose on the pin. Will this tighten up after I press these into the boom?