Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1999 753 bobcat wont start just clicks when trying…

I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 753 bobcat wont start just clicks when trying to start .checked start relay ,relay ok jumped starter will run.where do i go from here.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial number i can get give me 15 mins

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

1999cseries 753 serial ####-##-####

11/23/2021
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 10 months ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, my name is*****’d like to help you today. Experts are users on the site just like you, we come on to help when time allows. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Bobcat, I’ll do my best to work with you towards a solution.

Test for power at the "S" terminal on the starter solenoid while the key is in start. If power is present and the starter doesn't work replace the starter. If no power is present trace circuit back to relay and verify relay operation. Inspect all wiring harnesses and plugs. Verify seat and lap bar switch operation. Let me know what you come up with.

I hope this information helps you, please respond here for any further clarification. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner
Happy Thanksgiving I did not get a chance to try to things out that you suggested that I do but when I get back to the machine I will contact you thank you
Happy thanksgiving to you as well! Thank you! Good luck!