Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need to swith from cat H controls to Iso standard.

I need to swith...

I need to swith from cat H controls to Iso standard. Serial#CML01075 cat247 hyd pilot controls

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ser# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, im licsenced tech. Cab opened and joystick consols opened. Easier to swap hoses under joysticks, just need to know which port#s control which axis?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

He should have all he needs.

11/18/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Are you saying this has dual lever steering control (CASE) and you want to switch it back the the CAT standard controls? (travel on left and bucket on right joystick)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want travel on left joystick, lift&bucket on right. Current is travel on left&right, lift left, bucket right.

I have a document that details the change from the standard single lever travel controls you want to the dual lever travel controls.

If you follow it in reverse, it will describe the connections to swap. CAT does not point out which line goes to each connection on any of their other documents, I use this for its references as it is better than everything else I have seen.

Would the document help you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please. Even if i could get a schematic of the joystics showing the port# *****!

That is the problem, CAT has no other documents to show the valves or joysticks. That is why I use this document for the line connections.

See the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVZsevW_LVZtsD0s-DsoFOVNyQraVnCl/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help, please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A schematic of joysticks would work for me.

Here is a basic one from the systems op book.

---

(1) Pilot operated hydraulic control ( hydrostatic)

(2) Solenoid valve ( hydrostatic)

(3) Solenoid valve ( work tool)

(4) Pilot operated hydraulic control ( work tool)

(5) Ball valve ( manual work tool lowering)

(6) Control valve ( work tool)

(7) Lift cylinders

(8) Tilt cylinders

(9) Auxiliary couplings

(10) Accumulator

(11) Solenoid valve ( parking brake)

(12) Return manifold

(13) Oil filter

(14) Gear motor ( fan drive)

(15) Speed sensing valve

(16) Charge relief valve

(17) Piston pump ( hydrostatic)

(18) Gear pump

(19) Hydraulic tank

The pilot hydraulic system is used to move the spools in the control valve (work tool) (6). The pilot hydraulic system is also used to control the operation of the hydrostatic system. The pilot system uses lower pressure oil to control higher pressure oil.

In order for the pilot system to function, the interlocks must be disengaged. The interlock system consists of the following components: the solenoid valve ( hydrostatic) (2), the solenoid valve ( work tool) (3) and the solenoid valve ( parking brake) (11). In order for the interlock system to be disengaged, the following conditions must be met:

The seat must be occupied.

The armrest must be in the DOWN position.

The parking brake must be disengaged.

The charge relief valve (16) regulates the pressure of the charge system. The charge system pressure is 3300 kPa (480 psi) at high idle.

When the interlock system is disengaged, oil flows from the hydraulic tank (19) to the front section of the gear pump (18) and then oil flows to the gear motor (fan drive) (14). After the gear motor, oil flows through the oil filter (13). Then, the oil flows to the piston pump ( hydrostatic) (17). Some of the oil tries to flow to the pilot operated hydraulic control ( work tool) (4), but the oil is blocked by the solenoid valve ( work tool).

The oil continues to flow to the piston pump. At the piston pump, the oil is regulated by the speed sensing valve (15). The oil that flows to the pilot operated hydraulic control ( hydrostatic) (1) is regulated at a pressure of 2500 kPa (365 psi).

The rest of the oil is makeup oil for the hydrostatic system. Any leakage in the hystat system is replaced by this oil.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still cant see port designation in schematic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can zoom in on it blury.Ok Thanks for the quick response. Ill see what I can do with it tomorrow.

You're welcome! Glad to help. I too wish CAT made a better detail drawing  but, this is it. I have even talked to their support people and nothing is out there. At least anything they will share with us.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They could do so much better.

I have been told it is cost control. They won't waste money on extra engineering drawings that they don't need. Our needs are important enough!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They would get more revenue from used equipment if people could actually fix their own equipment.

Maybe in the future, they have just started looking at the used markets more but even with that, the margins are not at the levels they want to deal in. That is why they dropped the Ag tractors and truck engines. Low profits.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey, upon reviewing this conversion procedure I noticed my pilot valve part number is ***** than in the procedure?

Part numbers change often. I do not recall any requiring the pilot valves to be replaced. Only a couple of hoses were swapped on some versions.

If it is not matching your machine I will look again for any updated instructions that I might be able to view.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I received a field inst(###) ###-####version. Will review it, then go from there

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I had been told they never offered the dual control on the "A" model but, I see this is an A model document. Hopefully it will match your machine better than the B version I had.