Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a job 520, I believe its an 05. The guys were having…

Customer Question
I have a job...

I have a job 520, I believe its an 05. The guys were having to turn the steering wheel back and forth while turning key to get started. That Worked for awhile , then they'd have to start jumping it , well that dont start it up anymore unless its mid day and so many jumping attempts. . I replaced f/n/r lever ,replaced starter, replaced battery, replaced ignition switch, replaced cable from starter to on/off switch, and also thermostat. . What's the issue ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Jcb 520, serial number(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I know of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/17/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. I am not available for phone calls. If the site flags for a call, you can either disregard it or your call request will be posted for other professionals who may be logged into the site at the time to accept your request offer if they choose to do so.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. If you have confirmed no problems with the wiring or your battery cables and charging system circuit, you have replaced all the things you have said, it very well could be a problem within the parking brake circuit operation or there is a problem with one of your safety switches such as your seats which parking brake switch, etc. I would take a close look at those circuits for any potential problems as well as a complete fuse and relay panel check.I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Will check it all out. What and where is the location of charging system circuit?Just to confirm, where can I find the parking break circuit operations as well?

I take it from your last response that you are not a mechanic or have experience with automotive, trucking, or construction equipment electrical systems. Your charging system consists of your battery, alternator, battery cables and connections, fuses/relays, alternator belt, ignition switch. This is an intermediate to advanced troubleshooting type of problem that I recommend you find a body that is an auto technician or somebody that has experience testing automotive electrical which are DC electrical systems. Your parking brake circuit is all the wiring and components involved within the parking brake, including the switch In the circuit that you use to set the parking brake.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just not too familiar with heavy equipment, just trying to make sure that what I’m thinking and seeing is correct .

The DC electrical system works in the same principles as your car or pickup truck. How it's wired and configures is what's different between vehicles and equipment, but the basic principles remain the same.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you