Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat t 200 skid steer tilt lift light flashes 3times and…

Customer Question
Bobcat t 200 skid...

Bobcat t 200 skid steer tilt lift light flashes 3times and there is no rise or tilt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T 200. 864 Sn518911736

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked coil on hyd lock out on controls

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

17-06 & 18-06 codes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/12/2021
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 10 months ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, code 17-06: Hydraulic Lock Solenoid Short To Ground, code 18-06: Spool Lock Coil Short To Ground. Most likely cause of these two codes is either the respective solenoid coils are shorted out internally or there's a bad spot in the harness on those two respective circuits that's causing a short to ground issue. It can always be a faulty main controller, but don't go there just yet. Locate the hydraulic lock solenoid and the two spool lock solenoids and disconnect them where they connect to the harness wires, then see if your codes change 17-07 hyd lock solenoid open circuit and 18-07 spool lock solenoid open circuit. If that's the codes you get then harness and main controller are likely good and you simply have failed lock solenoids. The hyd lock solenoid is located right about the center of the main control valve where all the function circuit pipes connect to the valve, it's a single solenoid valve by itself with two wires. The spool lock solenoids, there's two of them, one for lift and one for tilt, you need to disconnect both of them as they're fed by the same harness wires, they're located where the control linkage connects to the spools of the control valve on the front side of the control valve. Let me know what you find.