Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

International industrial tractor loader backhoe, how do you…

International industrial tractor loader...

International industrial tractor loader backhoe, how do you sllit the tractor to install a clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a 3414 international, don't know serial

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I AM GOING TO TRY. bought series of books and look on the computer. So far I have been told take backhoe and the loader off. the engin and transmissin has to come out through the loader frame backwards

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

None that i can think off

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/4/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

1. Hi, My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. I am not available for phone calls. If the site flags for a call, you can either disregard it or your call request will be posted for other professionals who may be logged into the site at the time to accept your request offer if they choose to do so.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. Click on the link I provided below and you will see the rear section of the tractor on how the transaxle mounts to the frame. There are a couple of ways you can do this but if the backhoe attachment is removed, You can support the front section of the tractor use Another machine or shop lifting equipment to walk the rear section of the tractor away from the engine after removing/disconnecting all of the bolts between the transmission and engine flywheel housing, including all clutch linkage or wiring.Any major work like this should have the shop manual on site at the time of work, especially for a first time repair. Follow all of the procedures covered in the shop manual as well.  I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
one problem, there is a loader frame in the way, how do you get the engine out of the loader frame