Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How to reverse the copper washer on solenoid from case 580 E…

Customer Question
How to reverse the...

How to reverse the copper washer on solenoid from case 580 E backhoe?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

580 super E loader backhoe serial number(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. I have the solenoid out and want to know how to reverse the copper washer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Nothing else

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/24/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

I seriously doubt the solenoid is made where it can be disassembled and the washer flipped. The washer is below the two contact terminals, and you have to remove the nuts from the terminals to allow the head to slide off, but if memory serves me, one on the wires is soldered to the top cover and will keep the top from coming off.  Best to get a new solenoid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not much help

Did you get it apart? Wires weren't soldered to the cap?

K!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the solenoid apart from starter. How do I reverse the washer?

Take it apart and flip it over.  Top screws off.