Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a ASV RC100 (2007). Original problem was engine would…

I have a ASV...

I have a ASV RC100 (2007). Original problem was engine would start but no hydraulic function. I had a local mechanic from a tractor repair shop work on it for this problem. He originally focused on electrical as a possible source of the problem and said the ignition switch needed replaced (which was done). He also removed fuse box from frame while looking for problems there. Skid steer went from would start and run, but no hydraulics, to it would no longer start. He then quit his job a few days later, leaving skid steer in no start condition with fuse panel and dashboard disassembled. I later found source of no hydraulic and repaired it. It was a broken c-coupler, which required removal of all pumps to replace it. This is replaced, but now I am trying to solve the no start issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model RC100. PIN #RSD01067

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I have service manuals for the machine from Track loader parts, but no wiring diagram.

10/20/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Do you have any power to the key and dash? Follow the positive battery terminal to the starter solenoid, which should have 12 volts, on the same terminal is the power wire that feeds the fuses. do you have power to the fuses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power to the fuses, but not to the dash. Key has no power.

The problem has to be between the fuses and the key switch  and dash.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuses all seem okay. There are two relays, Main power A (40 amp) and Main power B (35 amp). But I don't understand what controls them.

Typically the key switch would power the relays when it is turned on. A fuse should power the key.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thanks. I will look further tomorrow and see what I can find.

K>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found power coming out of the wire to ignition at the fuse panel, but not at the dash. So, assuming damaged wire inside the wiring harness (I did not see any damage at the only accessible intermediate opening in harness), I ran a new wire spliced to the ignition wire at fuse box and going to the dash. This fixed the problem. Skid steer is running now and the replaced c-coupling fixed the no hydraulics issue. Thanks the the help.

Good job! Thanks for the update.