Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Yale forklift starts and runs but no dashboard power or

Customer Question
Yale forklift starts and...

Yale forklift starts and runs but no dashboard power or preheating

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Yale gdp50mf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all relays and cables, ignition switch and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Starts and runs but as I said there is no hour meter no dash lights no preheat light or preheat operation and it’s a Mazda Diesel engine

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/17/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. I recommend doing a complete fuse and relay check but with a digital voltage tester so you can probe the top two metal tabs of each fuse with the ignition on while replacing any that have power only on one side. Use a relay tester to test all your relays and if you do not have access to one, swap them one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. Do a thorough inspection of the wiring harness and connector pins for any corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. Try a wiggle test to see if you can duplicate symptoms confirming a problem within the wiring. If you have power and ground to the dash and accessories, but no response, it leans towards a problem within the dash itself. Verify power in and out of the ignition switch circuit also.He sure to test your battery and charging system for any potential problems also I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.