Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Deere 325 skid steer will start and run for a couple of…

Customer Question
My John Deere 325...

My John Deere 325 skid steer will start and run for a couple of seconds and then blow the 20 amp fuse...I'm hoping for some possible solutions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T00325K171703

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes hopefully

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
10/14/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine and I see that you have been waiting some time for some advice on this. Replace the fuse with the same amperage circuit breaker so you can start disconnecting components within that circuit or sections of wiring until you disconnect the one that no longer trips the circuit breaker. You have been isolated component or section of wiring where the short exists. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage that would also cause a short. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.