Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 410G backhoe electric parking brake won't turn off.

My 410G backhoe electric...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial no. is T0410GX961158 it is a 2006 John Deere 410G backhoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it. I'm not sure if it related but the batteries died and I had to jump start it. Now brake won't turn off. I haven't done much at all yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I can think of.

10/6/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Check and verify that your battery and charging system all checks out okay and no voltage supply related problems exist. Have your battery and alternator tested, including all battery cables and connections with the grounds. Check all fuses and relays. Thoroughly inspect your wiring harness and connector pins within the parking brake circuit for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. Finally, verify full battery voltage at the solenoid for your parking brake and verify mechanical operation of the parking brake valve. Look for any trash or debris within the valve and other mechanical problems with your parking brake that would cause it to malfunction. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician