Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a A300 with a tire alignment problem. BOBCAT A300 S/N…

Customer Question
I have a A300...

I have a A300 with a tire alignment problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

BOBCAT A300 S/N ABOVE 5439XXX.111

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I HAVE REPLACED THE LEFT WHEEL SENSOR BUT THE LEFT REAR TIRE WILL STILL NOT ALIGHN

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/2/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment and I see that you have been waiting some time for some advice on this. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit and poor connection. Be sure to check all fuses and relays and confirm the hundred percent certainty that the sensor is good as well as checking for any potential mechanical problems or excessive wear that would cause problems with the sensor reading correctly.If there are no mechanical problems that would affect alignment, it is very possible that you could have a software calibration related problem that would require dealer level updates and reprogramming to resolve any software related glitches. Be sure to check for any fault codes as well so they can be resolved individually. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The issue seems to be that the left rear wheel is unresponsive ie no power. As you may know these A300’s are quite compact inside and following the wire harness through the whole machine is pretty challenging. I’m just trying to determine a general reason that typically would create the situation where only one wheel is unresponsive. The interesting thing here is that this happened only after I replaced the wheel axel seal on that same wheel. The wheel sensor cable is secure and new as well

Three things are potential causes. You either have a problem with the wiring going to that sensor or the sensor itself, or there is a mechanical problem that occurred after the work that was completed causing the sensor not to pick up signal. This could be a problem with the sensor air gap or another mechanical problem that could have occurred during assembly.