Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 930G cat loader and it want throttle up when I hit…

Customer Question
I have a 930G...

I have a 930G cat loader and it want throttle up when I hit the fuel peddle use to I could shut it down and let it sit about 5 seconds recrank it and it would be fine until I push the peddle about 3/4 of the way down and it would do it again now it got worse it doesn’t even want to go after I cut it off and let it reset do you have any idea what it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CAT0930GPTWRO310

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

930g

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/24/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these problems with this machine. The most common failure for the symptoms you are experiencing would be the throttle position sensor in the cab. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins as well for any corrosion or damage. There is usually a lot of moisture and dirt that gets under the operator's feet and could cause some corrosion in that area as well. This is especially true on a machine that the operator never sweeps out the cab unfortunately. However it sounds like there is either a problem with your throttle position sensor or the wiring between the sensor and ECM. Check for both. It would also be a good idea to check for any potential fault codes if you were to connect with Caterpillar electronic technician in order to determine if there are any throttle position sensor fault codes that exist. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are very welcome.