Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bob cat t595 - track came off in front. got track back on…

Bob cat t595 -...

Bob cat t595 - track came off in front. got track back on but won't hold grease. Cleaned fitting with Wd40. (i think it's bobcat part(###) ###-#### put it back in and tightened and still won't hold grease. Guys at Nappa said they don't have grease fitting that says it's compatible with Bob cat T595. Tomorrow is labor day and I have to have it fixed first thing Tuesday morning. Would greatly appreciate help! Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a rental. the model is BobCat T595

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No, i don't think so. This is my first time renting a skid steer and not real knowledgeable- not much of a mechanic either. Best I can figure is that the grease fitting has dirt that i can't clear with WD40

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, I am still waiting for response. Had to switch from laptop to app on phone. Will I get a response soon?
9/6/2021
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 1 year ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, that fitting that's used to add grease to the track tensioner isn't a simple grease fitting (zerk), it's actually a high pressure one way check valve that allows grease to flow through it to add grease to the tensioner cylinder but won't allow that pressure to flow back to the zerk as a grease zerk can't handle that kind of back pressure. If the grease is leaking back out at the zerk, you have a faulty grease valve and can only obtain a replacement from Bobcat. If grease is leaking around the threads where the valve itself screws into the cylinder then you could have debris fowling up the conical seat of the grease valve where it seats into the cylinder and forms a seal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!! Got a replacement from Bobcat this morning. Track back on and working great. - It's a rental machine and the other side won't take grease. - I tightened the side I replaced the grease fitting up to about 3/4" - the other side is sags about 2" and like I said the grease fitting on that side won't take grease. Is it a problem to have one track that much looser?

Well, being a rental machine, I see that as their problem. Only problem for you is operation. Be careful because it's much easier to flip a loose track, just be mindful of that with the terrain you're working on. Aside from that, an excessively loose track can slip at the sprocket under heavy pushing load. Again, just be mindful of the situation while operating and I don't think you'll have any issues and leave it to the rental company to fix that track adjuster, that's not a customer problem. Good to hear you got it sorted out, cheers!

Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager