Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Error code f3n4 on jd 550h dozer. After running jd 550h

Error code f3n4 on...

Error code f3n4 on jd 550h dozer

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

After running jd 550h dozer for 15 or 20 minutes, the tracks slow down and will not respond to speed lever. Engine is running same as always?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried clearing all codes on computer. It was running for a couple hours before the tracks slowed down, so I would just shut it down for a few minutes and it would work again. Only code I'm getting now is the F3N4 code which means misstracking?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

When machine is cold, it jerks fairly sharply when you try to steer it, backwards or forwards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Answered in 2 days by:
9/7/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine and I see you have been waiting quite some time for some advice on this. This fault is commonly related to a problem with the speed sensor or wiring .Check the wiring harness at the final drives for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. If there is no problems with the wiring harness going to the speed sensors at your drive motors, the problem is commonly a problem with thee speed sensors themselves. Recalibration would be necessary after replacement or repair of the wiring harness. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the response, Dan. The mechanic has been given your suggestions and will be following through on them. I will let you know how we make out. He hasn’t been able to work the machine into his schedule yet.
Again, thank you for your response. Bill