Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I’m trying to how to switch the control pattern on a Cat…

I’m trying to how...

I’m trying to how to switch the control pattern on a Cat 426B backhoe

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Pin# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything yet but I thought they made a different linkage that could be switched out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No I think that’s about it.

8/26/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. You will want to swap control valve between the stick and and boom up function as well as your stick out and boom down function. With pilot controls you would utilize the chart that I have provided in the link below. You can also swap pressure lines coming out of the control valve after unfolding the clamps for the hoses in order to allow some extra slack. In some cases you may need to have some extension hoses made to make those connections.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opczbpcbodn1jj7/Excavator%20_pattern_change%20chart.pdf?dl=0

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You’re welcome have a great day

Thank you and you as well.