Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need help with my 2006 d5g lgp It just stopped tracking.

Customer Question
Hello. I need...

Hello. I need help with my 2006 d5g lgp It just stopped tracking. Runs and starts fine.but no movement when putting it in gear. The gear badge moves when shifting but there is no movement on the tracks

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don’t have the serial number handy. D5g lgp

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I'm waiting. Thx
8/21/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly.  I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

---

Please post the complete machine serial number (PIN) with your reply. I will need it to help you better.

Do you have any warning lights flashing? (Assuming they all come on at startup.)

Is the RED LED indicator lamp next to the fuses on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

Hello

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No lights flashing and the lights are going on and off as normalI took the parking switch connection apart and they look cleanThe parking light comes on and off when switched as normalI don't have the serial number handy

Check charge pump pressure.

Remove a transmission filter and crank engine but, do not start it.

If oil does not pump out of filter, pump drive has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will do that. Would it still stop instantly if the pump fails?

Yes. If the pump drive fails, it will not move anymore.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just thought it might be a slow decline Thanks. I will check the pump

If it was the pump that failed and not the drive, you will find metal in the filter if you drain it.

It could move slower but, it would likely be one side and not both. You have two pumps, one for left and one for right.

The drive loops are completely separate.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. That helps. Thx

You're welcome! Glad to help.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help, please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH