Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a d3c and have lost drive in the left track.

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a d3c and have lost drive in the left track

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

24y0252560502

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have checked the control valve to make sure it was not stuck and it was fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

There is a noise coming from the left drive area I think it maybe the clutch slipping

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/17/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you are having these troubles with this machine.The symptoms you describe lean very strongly towards the steering clutch that has failed and is slipping. Your steering clutch is our spring applied and hydraulic pressure released while the brake holds the non-driving released clutch drum for the opposite side to drive into a turn. Look underneath the floor for your steering valves rollers and stems For problems. These rollers and stems have been known to fail as well as the cam on the linkage causing the clutches to partially release and ultimately causing a premature failure of the clutches and brakes. Make sure that you check staring valve stems and rollers even if you were replacing the clutches to prevent the new clutches from wearing out prematurely. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.