Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2003 +/- cat 247 track loader. Engine starts and…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 +/- cat 247 track loader. Engine starts and arm rest down. Clear parking brake and machine does not move or operate

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 247

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sn CAT 00247JCML00980

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Fixing myself.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
8/12/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. If all of your safety interlock switches are functioning properly to allow the parking brake to release in the machine to operate including your seat switch, lap bar switch, and/or switch if equipped with an enclosed cab, I would check and verify that your pump drive coupling is actually turning the pumps between the engine and your hydraulic pumps. I also recommend checking inside your hydraulic filter for what looks like fine metal or glitter indicating a pump or component failure existing on this machine if present. If all this is clean you're going to want to have your pressures and flows tested to confirm they are within the OEM specifications for your model and serial number machines service book. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays. Use a voltage tester to probe the top two metal tabs of each fuse while replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.