Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am working on a 2020 Deere 30g excavator. The dash/monitor…

I am working on a...
I am working on a 2020 John Deere 30g excavator.
The dash/monitor was damaged and needed to be replaced.
When I installed the new monitor from JD, the screen lights up and says Hitachi.
It then goes to the main screen, then it gives two errors.
#1- CAN! is wrote in the center with a W:1310 written below.
#2- It shows what I would recognize as the throttle dial knob and the word MIN, and below has W:2307 showing.
When I try to start the machine, a relay clicks and the screen goes blank until you let off the key. It will then light back up and continue to show the errors listed. The engine does not try to start.
See the attached photos of the errors as well as the symbols.
Does this new dash need programed for a John Deere 30Gor is there a step I am missing?
8/12/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine and I see you have been waiting some time for some advice on this. Your CAN Datalink communication fault code indicates a loss of communication with the controller on the machine. This can because by a loss of power or ground to the controller but also a problem within the wiring harness or connector pins with some corrosion or damage, or it can even be a problem with the machines controller itself. Before condemning the controller, and attempt to reprogram it with the dealer level software connected may be successful if you have confirmed that the wiring harness checks out okay. Your other fault code indicates that the throttle control tile and circuit is faulty. If the wiring to it checks out okay you will want to replace the throttle control dial assembly. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks Dan, that makes perfect sense.Does the jd 30g have a main machine controller/ecm or is it an all in one monitor/dash display with the machine controller inside?

Click on this link below to access you model and serial number parts book.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
great.... do you have a service manual also? How about the wiring schematic?

No, I do not but Sometimes you can find them on the web PDF format or used ones on sites like eBay aside from purchasing a new one from your dealer.

Dan, Technician