Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Case 590 back fails at times to move back wards or forwards…

Customer Question
Case 590 back hoe...

Case 590 back hoe fails at times to move back wards or forwards only happen at its power shift

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

590 st dont have serial no at moment brining up code4997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Only has happend at times after a few min drives away

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/6/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear that you are having these troubles with this machine.I recommend checking all of your fuses and relays but also verify that your parking brake circuit is functioning properly to release the parking brake and allow the transmission the shift. Verify power in and out of your transmission shift controls In each gear position. It is not uncommon for these shift control levers to fail since they get so much use when the machine is in operation. Verify there are no shorts or open circuits within the wiring going to the transmission shift solenoids. Test the resistance values of the shift solenoids to make sure they are all within the same range of one another. If all of this checks good, verify your oil level and condition for any traces of internal mechanical failure within the oil or filter that would require disassembly for further inspection and repair. It would be a good idea to also have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within the OEM specifications for your model and serial number tractors service book.I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I want to know is where is the transmission controller on the case 590 st power shift

Website policy is one subject matter per question thread in order to be fair to the professionals. I recommend that you open up a separate request for your new question with your complete model and serial number information from your machines ID tag.