Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cat 311c Ser# CKE 01526 The blade cylinders creep…

Hi Steve I have...

Hi Steve I have a Cat 311c Ser# ***** 01526 The blade cylinders creep down when the machine gets hot? I have had CAT rebuild one cyl. & tested the other was OK I rebuilt the pilot control valve & main valve I'm baffled Any idea's

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat 311c SER# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I thought I already sent it

7/28/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Take a very close look at the pilot control valves to make sure there is no trash or debris in the valves and no sign of scoring or damage that would cause the valve to malfunction. Check for the same in the main control valve as it seems like it is possible that something may have gotten overlooked when the work was done to the valves.If there is no bypass within the cylinder, the problem has to be within the control valves. If there is a concern of the pilot controls possibly sticking, a technician can confirm that by teeing into the signal line of the main control valve to see if there is signal pressure from the pilot controls when the joysticks are in neutral position and there shouldn't be. If so, you have isolated it to a pilot control problem. If not, there has to be something going on within that main control valve that's been overlooked. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Dan,I’ve done that already I,m going to have to recheck the cylinders

Sounds like a plan and you're very welcome.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dan I found the problem it was the orings in the swivel joint