Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a tr270 Case tack loader that has codes 5511 & 5512.

We have a tr270...

We have a tr270 Case tack loader that has codes 5511 & 5512. Unit starts,but won't move or allow bucket to be raised

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses - all good - checked battery voltage 12.8 at rest 14.2 when running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Unit was working fine when parked. Boss had just finished using it to grind up 3 stumps.

Answered in 1 day by:
7/28/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine and I see you have been waiting some time for some advice on this.Check inside your main control valve for any trash or debris that would cause in the valve to stick or malfunction. Check your pressure relief valve cartridges as well for any trash or debris and other damage. These codes are an indication of a mechanically stuck valve.This will require some disassembly for inspection of your control valve and relief valve cartridges.

5511 ALL Implausible Loader Arm Sensor State Vs Loader Arm Command - Stuck Spool Or PRV Red

5512 ALL Implausible Bucket Sensor State Vs Loader Bucket Command - Stuck Spool Or PRV Red

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan, I already knew what the codes were, I am just trying to figure out where to look for the issue.sorry, while I am tech oriented and have automotive and truck experience I have not worked much with heavy equipment. My understanding is that in order to check those areas I will need to be able to raise the bucket, to access the main control valve, is that correct?

That is correct. You would raise the lift arms and use the safety support on the hydraulic cylinder to secure the lift arms up in the air safely preventing any drift of the cylinders. Then you would raise the operators compartment into the service position to access your hydraulic components underneath the operators cab.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanx much Dan! Appreciate your help. I will be sure to leave positive feedback!

You're very welcome.

Dan, Technician