Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 259d the bucket works fine but will not move. Blinking…

Cat 259d the bucket...

Cat 259d the bucket works fine but will not move. Blinking number 3 light and orange number 12 light.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat0259dkftl07768

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying fix my self. Checked air filter it was dirty and drained water out of fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I can think of. It's not beeping or making any noise. It dosent even try to move or act like it's trying to move. All other functions work

7/16/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly.  I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

---

A sensor on the machine may be faulted or has come unplugged. For tracked machines, check that the wiring to the drive motor speed sensor wiring is not damaged.

Raise the cab and check the wires from the travel motors to the harness connectors.

Since you do not have the advanced display, you will need to consult your Cat dealer for advanced troubleshooting support.

They will need to use the service program CAT ET to determine where the fault is located.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help, please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you ill look at the wires.

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey so I'm thinking it has something to do with parking brake solenoid. Do you know where I can locate it and how to test

Here are the details for the solenoid.

(See image below)

(1) Travel Pilot ON/OFF Solenoid

The travel pilot ON/OFF solenoid performs two roles related to the machine ability to travel.

The first function is to control pilot oil flow to the hydrostatic drive controllers. When the machine is first started, the travel pilot "ON/OFF" solenoid is de-energized. Also, flow to the hydrostatic drive pump controller is blocked to prevent output flow to the drive motors. When the interlock seat and arm bar switches are closed and the parking brake is depressed, the ECM energizes the travel pilot "ON/OFF" solenoid. This solenoid allows pilot oil to the drive pump controllers.

The second function the solenoid provides is control of the drive motor brakes. The brakes are applied by spring pressure and released hydraulically. In the absence of hydraulic pressure, the brakes will be normally applied by the spring pressure. When the interlock seat and arm bar switches are closed and the parking brake switch is depressed, the ECM energizes the travel pilot "ON/OFF" solenoid valve. The travel pilot solenoid valve allows hydraulic oil to flow to the parking brakes overcoming the spring pressure and thereby disengaging the parking brakes.

When either the seat or arm bar switch are opened or the parking brake switch is placed in the set position, the ECM de-energizes the travel pilot "ON/OFF" solenoid to prevent machine travel. When the machine is NOT in park and the operator commands machine travel, the ECM energizes the solenoid valve to allow travel. When the ECM detects that the hystat has been in the NEUTRAL position for several seconds, the travel pilot "ON/OFF" solenoid valve will be de-energized to prevent undesired machine travel.

Operating voltage is 12 VDC.
Resistance at 20° C (68° F) is 12.2 ± 0.6 ohms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sweet ill check it out thank you

You're Welcome!

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician