Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a skid steer tractor, a Case TR270 tracker loader. I…

I have a skid steer...
I have a skid steer tractor, a Case TR270 tracker loader. I am attempting to connect a hydraulic blower attachment. I cannot get one of the two couplers to connect. The coupler that has the mail and on the skid steer in the female and coming from the hydraulic line on the mower will not connect.
7/2/2021
Mechanic: MitchellF415, Heavy duty mechanic replied 1 year ago
MitchellF415
MitchellF415, Heavy duty mechanic
Hello my names Mitchell I'm a HD mechanic and I'd like to help you out with your question
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great, thanks Mitchell. i’m assuming there is pressure in the line and that’s why I can’t get the Cupler to connect?
That is one of the possibilities! Usually if you have an issue hooking up to the male end coupler you can take a punch and hammer and depending on the type of coupler punch the center in a little. This will relive high pressure stored in the line little by little. Careful you don't damage the coupler or get oilin your eye or something though.Another possibility I have seen alot of is that the hydraulic pulses from the attachment Have created a small ridge on the male end of the coupler. This makes attaching the female to the male and very difficult as it has to make its way over that ridge if you file it down slightly it may be able to pop on easier.
Another option is if you have never hooked up this attachment before that they may be two different styles of coupler. Make sure they are a match set. Hope this information has helped you. Any other questions please let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I requested a phone call as I think that may be the best way to ensure I get this done right.
I'm really sorry I'm not able to take calls right now. I can opt out if you like and let someone else maybe answer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No worries. I’ll try using a punch on the center of the Cupler to release some pressure. If that doesn’t work I’ll log back in and ask another technician. Thanks Mitchell I appreciate your help
No problem. Take some pictures to reference if you can!
MitchellF415
MitchellF415, Heavy duty mechanic