Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2006 Bobcat T190 -500 hours sit in the seat with the bar…

Customer Question
2006 Bobcat T190...

2006 Bobcat T190 -500 hours sit in the seat with the bar down push the yellow start- enter keypad. I hear a click and the keypad light comes on and within 1 second I hear another click and the keypad light goes off. Battery checks out at 13 V

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T-190 ###-##-####

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/16/2021
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 1 year ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, it sounds like you're losing power to the cab controls. A number of things can cause that problem, faulty main controller, faulty left panel computer, neither of those you can test, requires a Bobcat tech. But a couple of things you can do yourself. First, make sure the battery connections are clean and corrosion free, especially check that stack of black ground wires on the stud at the negative battery terminal, that's your main battery grounds for the entire machine. Second, check the C408 connector, that's the connector that connects the frame harness to the cab harness. Tilt the cab up, standing at the front of the machine looking toward the rear, look to your right for the cab harness wires that run down the bulkhead behind the seat. Follow that harness down until you come to a connector, that's the C408, should be just above the hydraulic reservoir. Take the connector apart, look for signs of corrosion or melting plastic from poor connections. If it all looks good, reconnect the connector and probe wires 1200 and 1900, should be red wires, that's the two wires that send power to the BICS computer at the left cab panel. I once had a T300 that kept dropping power like that, chased that think all over the place, when I got to it worked fine. Finally one day, it lost power at the cab panels, probed wire 1900 on the cab side of C408, dead, but was hot on frame side of C408, bad connection inside the connector. Snipped wire 1900 and jumped it around C408 and it never stumbled again. Something that simple can cause these problems. But if you check everything and don't find a fault, it can also be a faulty main controller or BICS panel, that's where you'll have to get a Bobcat tech. I hope you get it sorted out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked all the ground wires and their connections. Cleaned them and reinstalled. I can't lift up the cab because it is in a low building. How can I pull the machine backwards to get clearance for raising the cab?

Yeah, that's a problem. Unfortunately there's no way to make a Bobcat free wheel, they didn't make a provision for that, and even if they did it would likely involve raising the cab. Kind of puts you in a hard spot. The only thing you could do is drag it with something heavy enough to pull it. Aside from that I have no other solution for that problem, those circumstance seriously limit our options.