Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JCB 8060 midi excavator S/N883442. The pilot

Customer Question
I have a JCB...

I have a JCB 8060 midi excavator S/N883442. The pilot control that works the boom down stopped working. I took the floor plate out and I can see a spray from under the seat but I'm unable to locate just which line is leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

8060 excavator S/N -SLP(###) ###-####0883442

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/8/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. If the hose that's leaking is not within reach with the engine compartment inside compartments open, you will need to remove the floor section on this machine in order to access all of your hydraulic lines below the floor. You will then want to clean as much of the oil as you can around the lines in order to find the problem line or component that is leaking with the floor section removed.

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.