Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On a 2018 cat 426f2 backhoe loader. I'm looking for the

Customer Question
On a 2018 cat...

On a 2018 cat 426f2 backhoe loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I'm looking for the control pattern switch or valve on a CAT 426F2 backhoe loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cannot find the location

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I am stick on "John Deere" controls and would like to switch to "CAT" controls

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/7/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly.  I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.
---
Please include the complete machine serial number (PIN) with your reply, it is needed to find the correct information to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the complete VIN plate as requested. I have had no luck finding the pattern control switch or valve on this machine. Right now it is stuck "John deere/ backhoe" controls, and I need it switched over to "CAT/Excavator" controls. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for that info.

This machine has the(###) ###-####Standard mechanical backhoe control group and pattern. The only way to change the control pattern is to replace the current group with the(###) ###-####nbsp;Excavator control group. The replaces all the control rods and the stand to convert the machine control to excavator pattern.

Only the machine ordered with the hydraulic joystick controls have the Alternate Pattern switch ability.

You can order a kit from your CAT dealer to make the change to the(###) ###-####nbsp;CONTROL GP-HYDRAULIC HAND -BACKHOE S/N EJ41-UP EXCAVATOR-AN ATTACHMENT.

I don't have any pricing information but, it could be fairly expensive.

---
Thank you for using Just Answer, if you do need further help, please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH