Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an old Case backhoe model G1095G6, everything works…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Case backhoe model G1095G6, everything works fine but it will only move backwards and will not move forward. My mechanic has disassembled the transmission 4 times and can't find the problem. Any idea what we should be looking at?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No that's all!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/4/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The model number does not work. What does it have for F/R? Hydraulic shuttle or a mechanical shuttle?  Transmission manual or hydraulic?  The mechanical shifter for F/R or an electric shifter? Forward and reverse, are the geared or clutch packs? Do you have neutral, or does it go in reverse in neutral and locks when going to forward?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Mechanic indicates iit is a Case 580 Super E year 96, hydraulic shuttle, hydraulic transmission automatic, mechanical shifter, clutch packs, neutral yes, in neutral it does not move and when in reverse it works OK it won't engage in forward.Can we talk when I have the mechanic with me?I have WhatsApp and can call you via this +56 99(###) ###-####or have you call me. haw can I let you know when the mechanic is with me?how

So is the shuttle manually shifted, from the 580's I looked at are, later models have an electric shifter on the steering column.? The shuttle is separate from the transmission and has it's own oil pan and dipstick? Electric shift uses solenoids to shift from forward to reverse, the manual shift moves a spool in the shuttle. Calls have to go through the site, and you have to set it up. I'm not sure it will help.