Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jd 310 e backhoe runs have power steering and front…

I have a jd...

I have a jd 310 e backhoe runs have power steering and front bucket hydrostatic inop rear boom hydro inop pump under floor panel very hot I pulled one line off and the fluid smelt burned

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John deer 310 e 4×4 backhoe

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
5/24/2021
Mechanic: JimmyM827, Bobcat specialist  replied 1 year ago
JimmyM827
JimmyM827, Bobcat specialist

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is***** am here to help you today! Professionals are not employees of the site, but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. Your question is as important to me as it is important to you.

It seems you have some serious hydraulic pressure supply issues going on. I would remove the hydraulic filters and inspect them for any signs of brass or containments to determine if the hydrostatic pump has failed.

Please let me know what you find and we can proceed./

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok iam not at backhoe now pu hydro fluid now and filters but yes no hydraulics on front bucket or rear boom it will be at least hour before iam back at backhoe to pull the filters
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked filters they look alrightNothing really obviouse

Ok, that is great, next step would be to measure hydraulic charge pressure but, honestly I would remove theStroke Control Valve, disassemble it, check for debris, clean it and reinstall it with new o rings. Then set the standby pressure to 2250-2300#. Assuming you don't have an internal leak to the sump this should fix your problem.

JimmyM827
JimmyM827, Bobcat specialist
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stroke control valve is on right side or under cab and there is something burnt up smelling by the pump very strong

If you have a temperature gun poke around with that to find the hot spot and narrow down the component that has the heat buildup.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its the pto or pump hydro line from reservoir to it is very hot in middle hoe under drivers feet
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Location of scv is whereThe pump
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I straind filter fluid copper looking shavings in pan

Ok, that's the brass hydrostatic pump plate/piston, coming apart, or a brass bushing..

The hydrostatic pump has failed, the only thing that can be that color. Sorry for the bad news but it's time to pull the pump..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought it may be thatOk sir thank you very mutch

That brass is the sign,. good luck and thank you for using JustAnswer-Jimmy