Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We are trying to change oil on a Cat skid steer with tracks…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to change oil on a Cat skid steer with tracks Cat 226B 3. We see no way to access underneath to drain oil, it is one big solid plate.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I do not have that info.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just want to change the oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No, that is it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/24/2021
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 1 year ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****'d like to help you today. I'm a user on here just like you, I come on to help when time allows. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your CAT, I'll do my best to work with you toward a solution.

There should be a drain hose that you need to pull out of the engine compartment. Remove the plug in the end of it and open the drain valve on the engine oil pan. Close the valve and reinstall the plug when finished.

I hope this information helps you, please let me know if you need anything further. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!