Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2013 case backhoe 590 super n no forward or reverse serial…

Customer Question
2013 case backhoe 590 super...
2013 case backhoe 590 super n no forward or reverse serial number is ***** trannsmission and converter when starting it jumps alittle the drive shaft then a alarm and stop light comes on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your machine. Be sure to check all fuses and relays but also verify power in and out of your transmission shift control lever to your transmission shift solenoids in each gear position to confirm whether or not the shift control lever has failed. Test the resistance of all of the shift solenoids to make sure they are all within the same range of one another as a solenoid that is out of range of the others indicates a faulty solenoid. Check the oil level and condition to see if there might be any traces of metal or debris in the suction screen, filter, and oil that would flag potential internal problems occurring within the transmission and converter. If all of this is clean then you'll want to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within the OEM specifications for your model and serial number service book. I would also check for proper operation of your transmission neutralizer circuit. Check the switch on your front bucket joystick and wiring for any potential problems as well. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me the location of the relay for the shift interlock i heard Sometimes that might give a problemDid you get serial number I change solenoid also

Click on this link to access the online catalog. This will allow you to maneuver through the parts catalog for your serial number machine to get the locations ans diagrams for your serial number.

PARTS